I took the GRE today. I am very happy with my score (you get your score right after finishing the test, and a score report will arrive in a few weeks). A few thoughts on the test:
- It is epic. It is four hours long and I was (and still am) exhausted after finishing.
- The people at Prometric, the company that administers is, are annoying. You can’t bring anything into the testing room except your ID. Even innocuous objects like tissues are barred. (You have to get tissues from the proctors.) And water bottles? Forget it!
- The Princeton Review prep book is useless. Go with Kaplan and Barron’s. I also used McGraw Hill to brush up on my math.
- Computer-based tests aren’t nearly as bad as I imagined.
- Some people are so inconsiderate of others. I mean, seriously, girl who sat to my right, was it really necessary to crack your knuckles the entire time?
Good luck to anyone taking the GRE soon. (And if anyone needs prep books, I would be willing to sell mine to you. Just contact me through the contact page on this blog, or leave a comment on this post.)
Now, I am moving on with grad school applications. Time to revise that personal statement and writing sample…